Do you ever have that feeling that you work your butt off in the gym, but somehow feel like your physique doesn’t match all that hard work? You lift heavy, but you don’t have the muscle definition you’re hoping for?
This is more common than you might think, and I’m here to give you some tips on how you can change what you’re doing so you actually Look Like You Lift!
I have worked out hard for over 15 years, but I can’t say that my body has always looked the part. Yes, I may have looked somewhat fit, and at some points just thin, but I never achieved the muscle definition/athletic build until I dialed in all areas of my fitness. Finding the right regimen for my body was what I sought after. . . not too much exercise, but not too little! I also had to find the right types of exercise and mix it up to avoid overuse injuries (which were common for me in my running days).
I wanted to find a way of exercising that produced maximum results for my physique, while at the same time not consuming my life! I wanted to be strong in mind, body and spirit and I wanted my routine to be sustainable long-term! So I took the time to dial it in using my education and experience and putting together key things so I could achieve more muscle and more muscle definition. Here are my 6 tips to help you Look Like You Lift:
- Stop jumping around doing “fancy” exercises and focus on BIG movements and BIG muscle groups.
- Overload your muscles by using heavier weights.
- Focus on exercise density. . . doing more reps in less time!
- Cut out steady-state cardio and focus on 1-2 days of sprints. Too much cardio will deplete lean body mass.
- Create a greater metabolic response by doing Rest-Based weight training.
- Get your nutrition in check! You can exercise all you want, but if you aren’t fueling your body properly you won’t get results. Too little calories means your body will lose muscle and too many calories means you’ll gain excess fat, which leads to the “bulky” look.
Want more tips and strategies on fitness, nutrition and mindset? Be sure to get on my email list to get even more in depth tools to help you achieve your personal best! Click HERE to get on it!
As always, I LOVE to hear from you! Comment below if you know the feeling of working hard and not feeling like your body is looking the part! Is this something you struggle with?